Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day 2

Current diaper: Attends
Diaper status: DRY
Current time: 2:10PM Local

Well... it's been an alright day so far.

Last night was pretty uneventful... and this morning went just fine by following the routine I set up yesterday. Yes that means I had another messy diaper, but I figure if I do this enough I'll get used to it and it won't bother me as much.

Work was very hot today... and humid too. I wore another Secure this morning, the last time I'm gonna wear one of those in the daytime. As work was so warm I ended up drinking a lot of water... and sweating a lot... and wetting a lot. So my Secure was completely soaked my the time I clocked out at 1:30.

It feels wierd to say it, but as much as I enjoy wearing diapers I was very ready to take that one off and get cleaned up by the time I got home. It felt like I was walking around with a damp towel rolled up and stuffed between my legs. If I was a baby, I would have been crying at that point... it was really that bad. Further examination of the diaper at home revealed that the padding was saturated from the front all the way between my legs and 2/3 of the way up the back. It did a great job at absorbing but I probably couldn't have used it again without it leaking.

I took a shower as soon as I got in, then grabbed one of the Attends out of the new case (my first) and taped it on. My initial impression was how thin they are compared to the Secures. I knew they were, but the feeling is really much different than I thought it would be. If I had my regular street clothes on over these, I might actually forget I had one on.

They have 3 tapes per side instead of two which insures a snug and comfortable fit, less padding means you don't waddle when you walk and clothes fit much better. However, the Attends do crinkle MUCH more than the Secures, so there's no denying that I have a diaper on. I'm also sure the reduction in padding will mean I have to change more often. Overall though... they almost feel like normal underwear after being in Secures for 2 days.

I'm having some lunch and a few drinks now... so I'll report back on how the Attends hold up later.

No comments: