Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The beginning.

Current diaper: Secure X-Plus http://securepersonalcare.com/xplus-briefs.html
Diaper status: DRY
Time: 6:30PM Local.

Well, after a few days of waiting around and considering I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and start this. I began by spending a short spell on the toilet, my last time for the next several days. I mainly did this to make sure I was all emptied out, but it also provided a few moments for reflection on my mission... and I am determined to see it through. I then proceeded into the bedroom closet, opened up my diaper drawer, and grabbed one. At first it didn't seem much different than any of the other times I've gone in there and gotten a diaper just for fun, but now that I'm sitting here taped into it I can definately feel that something is about to change.

My plan is simple: To become "functionally incontinent" and explore exactly what it means to be diaper dependant. To this end I will wear adult diapers and use them for all my toileting needs over a period of atleast the next two weeks. During this time I will be documenting my thoughts and feelings through this blog so that I can later determine if anything about my life has changed as a result of my self-imposed condition. I hope this blog will also serve as a guidepost for any others that may be brave (or foolish) enough to follow in my footsteps.

The ground rules are as follows.

1) I will be wearing a diaper for 23 hours out of the day. This will allow me one hour of "freedom" in which to air out my skin a bit so hopefully it won't get too irritated.

2) I will not be using the toilet AT ALL for the next two weeks. All my elimination needs will be put into the diaper. I am prepared for this to get a bit... messy.

3) The diaper will not be changed until it is either saturated or "dirty." Changing beforehand would only waste diapers, which aren't cheap.

4) During this time, I will strive to live my life as I normally would. I will not decline from participating in an activity with my friends/family simply because I am diapered. I will be wearing diapers to work, which is not air-conditioned and may become quite warm. This is all part of the territory.

I have laid in supplies of two types of adult diapers. Attends http://www.xpmedical.com/attends.html and
Secure X-Plus http://securepersonalcare.com/xplus-briefs.html

While both of these are very high quality products, each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.

The Attends are ideal for day-time activities. Not overly bulky and very comfortable. They fit well under my normal clothing and should be relatively easy to hide from the general public. However they are not "super-absorbant" and therefore will have to be changed at least twice during the day, possibly three times. This means carrying extra diapers, wipes, and powder/cream with me wherever I go. As well as a change of pants just incase they should leak.

The Secure X-Plus are perfectly suited for night-time wearing. They are "super-absorbant" and their tapes are refastenable many times to provide the best fit possible. Ideally, if I put one on in the evening (as I have just now) I should not have to change out of it until morning. The downside of these is that they are bulky and more difficult to conceal. They also retain more heat than the Attends and are a bit less comfortable.

So, there we have it. My plans for this evening are to find some dinner and get into bed at between 10 and 11. Work starts promptly at 5AM so I have to be up at 4 to get ready. I thank you all for reading, and my next post should be when I get off of work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, DL66 here, from TBDL. I'm seriously looking forward to this, and I will be checking your blog periodically. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

devious_jack here from TBN. All I have to say is...good luck. I'll be interested to see how this works out. Maybe i'll try it one of these days.

Anonymous said...

all i can say is enjoy it the best you as in my surrounding situation this cant be accomplished

Anonymous said...

hey jester here from TBDL. i am writing this on the first even though its the third. anyway i congratulate you on taking on the challenge. i hope everything will go well and has gone well so far. again good luck

jester