Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Day 1

Current diaper: Secure X-Plus
Diaper status: VERY WET
Current time: 2:00PM Local

Okay... just got in from work and I'm feeling fine. My Secure diaper from last night held up fine, so I decided to wear one to work today and really give it a good testing out. I must say I'm pleased. Other than feeling like I'm walking around with a towel rolled up and stuffed between my legs everything is good. It was a pretty tight squeeze getting my shorts on over the diaper though so if I'm gonna wear one of these in the daytime again I need to go with a slightly larger pair of pants. I did put a pair of briefs on over the diaper this morning to keep the plastic covering from rubbing directly against my jeans and possibly tearing. I will definately be doing that with any diaper I wear out of the house.

I have decided that it is best not to fight any urges I may get from my bladder, as holding it in only delays the inevitable by an hour or two, makes me very uncomfortable, and forces all the urine I have in me to come out in one rapid stream. This is not very good for the diaper as "flooding" can cause leaks even in the most absorbant ones. If I relax as soon as I get the slightest urge to go I can empty my bladder slowly over a minute or two and allow the diaper a decent amount of time to do its job. So far this method is working perfectly.

Popping back to last night for a moment... After diapering and posting I had some dinner and spent most of the evening watching TV... no suprise. I had wet in the Secure two times before I laid down to sleep (thanks to a beer and 2 glasses of lemonade with dinner) but I slept just fine, no issues at all. The Secure also held my morning pee (which is large and decently concentrated) without becoming flooded so I am confident that these diapers perform as advertised.

This morning was a bit interesting. I got up about 10 minutes earlier than I normally would, just incase any situations arose. I was walking to the bathroom planning on a shower when it dawned on me that I would have to re-do my entire morning routine in order to avoid a potentially serious problem. My normal work-day morning consists of showering, then getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing my teeth, packing lunch, and finally using the toilet for my "morning constitutional" before heading out the door to work. My bowels take about 20 minutes to really wake up and get things going, so that would have caused a major problem if I had gone through my schedule as usual. As I would have already been in a clean diaper and fully dressed when the urge hit. Dispite my desire to save the unplesantness for later I didn't exactly feel like fighting my gut and having gas all day so I decided to just let it happen and then worry about the clean up.

So, I went and first had breakfast, then brushed my teeth, packed my lunch, and laid out my clothes. This activity "got things moving" so to speak so I was able to have my bowel movement into my now soaked diaper, then shower and get dressed for work. Cleaning off in the shower was easy, so this will definately be my procedure from now on.

I also took a moment this morning to put together my diaper bag. Since I was wearing a thick diaper to work I only packed one fresh change. I also packed a plastic baggie for any "dirties"along with some powder and wipes to clean off with should the need to change arise. I tossed all of this into my old school book-bag and put it in the car, hoping noone would think anything of me walking into work with this extra item.

Thankfully, the Secure performed admirably and as of this minute I have not changed yet. After wetting it 3 times at work it is still holding strong and I believe it will stand up to another 1 or 2 wettings before it becomes fully saturated. I fully intend to find out.

I do need to run out to the store and pick up a few things before dinner, so I will keep my diaper bag in the car with me just incase.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

most ppl have told me that when it gets hot you should use babypowder
i dont find it helps but you could try it

Anonymous said...

most ppl hav told me to use bsby powder when it gets hot
i dont fint it helps but obviously they do

Anonymous said...

Good luck,

just to let you know that this is read :)