Friday, July 27, 2007

Day 3

Current diaper: Attends
Diaper status: Dry
Current time: 3:50PM Local

Well... another day at work in the books. TGIF! Weekend here I come!

Work today went well, right up to the last 30 mins or so. I tried to manage my fluid intake as best as I could all day, and despite sweating a lot the Attends I put on this morning held up quite well. It was decently comfortable throughout the day, but it did start to sag as wetness and actitivy increased. I did my best to only wet a little at a time so I could maximize the diaper's absorbancy... but it reached the limit at about 1:00. I could tell from the feeling between my legs that it just wasn't gonna take any more. I didn't feel like changing right then and there b/c I like to come straight in from work and take a shower, so I had to live with a soggy and sagging diaper for the last half hour of work and the ride home. It did leak just a bit around my back end when I sat down in the car to head home, making two little spots on the back pockets of my pants. Luckily they were camo shorts so the spots just blended in. No huge deal right then, but it could be problematic if I have anywhere to go after work.

From this I have decided that I have two options when it comes to wearing Attends at work.

1) Don't worry about the fluid intake, and change around 11 so I don't have to worry about leaks.
2) Try to control the fluid intake a bit more, and change when I get home.

Either will work depending on the circumstances of the day, so I think I'm just gonna base my desicions on how much physical activity I perform throughout the workday. More activity = change early. Less activity = change at home. Just another aspect of how diapers make you schedule and plan out your life a bit more... which I am finding very interesting.

Cost Analysis:
Time to throw some real world numbers on this. I have used 8 diapers so far... counting the one I have on now. 5 Secures and 3 Attends. The Secures come in a case of 48 for $61.95... so they cost $1.29 per diaper. Attends come in a case of 88 for $66.95... so they cost $0.76 per diaper. At this moment I have used $8.73 worth of diapers.

However I have come to the realization that 1 Secure is equal to 2 Attends in terms of absorbancy... so if I were having to choose a diaper for value alone it would definately be the Secures. Two Attends come to $1.52... so I suppose I'm paying the extra $0.23 for comfort, as the Attends are much more comfortable for active wear. Honestly the Attends are worth the extra money for the daytime.

It's gonna be another night of relaxing infront of the TV for me... but then it's off to my buddy's place to work on the cars tomorrow. Installing a shifter along with some paint work I believe is gonna be the order of the day. I'm gonna have to take a couple of changes with me as I don't know how long I'm gonna be over there. I'll just have to see if he notices anything different.

That's all for now. I appreciate the comments so far, and I see that a decent number of people have voted in the polls. Please feel free to leave your comments... positive or negative, as I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dose your friend know about your *bdl and will you tell him if he finds out ?

Taralyn said...

Thanks for the cost analysis there, it's a help.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, thats what I was thinking...That should be interesting!

Nicky said...

Wow, cool blog. I have thought about going diapered 24/7 and I may try it sometime in the fall. I like how you kept a details about being diapered 24/7 and it's giving me hope to try it also.