Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Day 8

Current diaper: Secure X-Plus
Diaper status: DRY
Current time: 6:15PM

Well... the beginning of week two. As much as I hate it... I have to say that I'm starting to look forward to the end of my little experiment. The fun factor is still there... but I think it diminishes a little more each day. If it were just wetting the diapers it wouldn't be so bad... but having to use them for #2 can start to take a toll on you after a while. I just got showered and changed for bed-time... ordered some chinese takeout for dinner and I guess I'm just gonna watch movies or play on the PS2 or Xbox till it's time for bed.

I changed at work for the second time today. I am getting used to that... so by next week it shouldn't be an issue at all. Other than that I am happy to report that all is well. My skin continues to be rash free thanks to my cleaning and airing regimin and the Attends still feel quite comfortable when I'm active during the daytime. Now that I'm used to wearing the Attends for most of my waking hours when I have a Secure on in the evening I definately notice the difference in thickness.

Since there isn't much else to report... it's time for another round of cost analysis. (Yay!)

Okay... in a week I've used a total of 9 Secures and 12 Attends. So, factoring in the costs I established in my previous post ($1.29 per Secure, $0.76 per Attends) it adds up to $20.73. Basicly $21 per week to keep myself in diapers. Not too terrible, but that is equal to eating out once, or about 1/2 a tank of gas (car burns premium).

Let's put it in another light. If I were diaper dependant 24/7 for life... it would come up to nearly $1100 a year. Certainly just as expensive as a drinking or smoking habit. I could cut costs by wearing the Secures during the daytime... but that would sacrifice comfort so things will remain as they are. Just a little something to think on... I'm paying $1100/year just to wet and mess on myself.

To those readers who are truly incontinent... my heart goes out to you... and your wallet.

Again, thanks for coming along with me this far. Let's see what the downhill slope has for us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

$1,100...that's what medical insurance is for, so you don't have to pay all of that out of your own pocket.
I think I once calculated that being diapered 24/7 is cheaper than smoking one pack a day...and certainly healthier!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Dark!

-RT

Anonymous said...

hey u know me from teenbabynet.org im oear56 i just wanted to say that messing in a diaper is hard and so is the clean up i usually dont but if im to lazy to get i do r if im not in a diaper u should try depends i use those and there nice

Anonymous said...

Usually the 24/7 wearers will wear cloth instead of disposables due to the fact that is saves them a ton of money in the long run.