Sunday, August 5, 2007

Days 11 and 12

Current diaper: Attends
Diaper status: DRY
Current time: 6:30PM Local

Wow... what a weekend. Just walked back in the door and man am I glad to be home. I feel as if I've barely had a chance to catch my breath and the weekend is already over. Anyways... on with my experiences.

The majority of Saturday was spent on the road. I drove from Charlotte up 30 miles north to my folks' place. Dropped my girlfriend off to watch the dog, then turned and took off east about 2 hours to Burlington for (gasp) more work on the car. On the road trip the diapers that I had been growing tired of really won back my confidence again. I wore a Secure on the trip and the extra padding on my rear was certainly appreciated on the long freeway stretch. The weather was hot-as-ever so plenty of fluids were a must. The Secure had all that it could take in terms of wetness by about 4 in the afternoon so I grabbed my bag from the trunk and ducked into the restroom of the Wendy's where we were having lunch to "get cleaned up."

For those of you who haven't done it... I do suggest changing in a busy public restroom once, it is an experience that is going to stay with me for a while. First I had to wait for a stall to open up, then try to untape, wipe, powder, and retape a new diaper in the cramped and dark space of the stall. It wasn't very easy. Not to mention the looks I got from the other guys in there when I stepped out of the stall and walked over to the trash can to toss my used diaper away. Glad I don't live anywhere around there LOL.

After that it was back on the road for the return trip to my folks place... until the large soda I had during lunch caught up with me about an hour down the road. Let me tell you now, I had a very hard time convincing my bladder that it was "ok" to release while behind the wheel of my precious road machine doing 80MPH. I really thought I was gonna go out of my mind there for about 10 minutes when the pressure got really bad. But eventually nature took its course and I sighed with relif. I had changed into another Secure and it readliy soaked up everything I had in me. My pants, and more importantly car seat, stayed dry and I was able to finish the drive in relative comfort.

Last night was rough. My folks' dog is spoiled to say the least, and just had to sleep in the bed with my girlfriend and I. This meant I was up until 11:00 or so when the dog finally settled down... only to be awakened about every 2 hours when the dog decided to move to a better position. I was up again at 5 to take the dog out to do its business (why oh why didn't I get doggy diapers) and by the time my alarm went off at 8 I was just as tired as I had been when I got into bed in the first place.

I spent the first part of this morning packing up my stuff from my folks place then finally got back on the road to Charlotte. But on the way we had to go by the airport and pick up my girlfriend's parents car from parking... so there was another side trip. Nothing really special in the way of diaper happenings today... but I must say that it feels nice to be home again. At this point I think I'm going to call it a night and try to get some sleep.

Tuesday will mark my 14th day in diapers... and the end of this little "experiment." I never thought I'd say it... but I am actually looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was wondering what kind of car do u have and r u doing work on your car uh ive been in a diaper for 1 day 13 to go lol not but im going for two to get just a taste of it i went to dinner with my parents i kinda felt werid in a diaper but u did it for 2 weeks good job and i want to try what u did when i move out just for the "fun" of it hope u have fun on your last couple of days peace oear56 out